Here are 7 tips to make your email marketing more successful.
1) Get personal... use people's names.
2) Make it easy to read on a mobile device! More email is read on phones and tablets than computers these days.
3) Track what happens to the links you include.
4) If you are selling or promoting a product or service as for the order or an appointment. You won't sell anything if you don't ask. If you are looking for referrals ask for referrals.
5) Don't be afraid to email frequently! An unsubscribe is better than being ignored. Good content that educates or entertains will keep unsubscribes down. Frequency will get you noticed if you provide value.
6) If you are selling include a testimonial... in every campaign! Change the testimonial in every email broadcast. Here are a couple of examples; "When I was just starting out Dan gave me a marketing tip that helped me get more business. All it cost was a couple of hours, a cup of coffee and some Timbits. After implementing the idea I made back my investment in three weeks. Wayne Campbell, mortgage agent." "Dan gave me some ideas that got more of my calls to sub-prime leads returned. They were easy to do and helped me make money. Barrie Smith, used car sales."
7) Focus your email on what results your prospects want from what you offer. Benefits. Benefits. Benefits. People don't buy great rates, great service or great deals. People buy low payments, peace of mind and saving money.