I was quiet through the Christmas Holidays. I didn't write a thing. No poems, no articles, no notes... absolutely nothing. What I did do was go to Las Vegas. It was not at all what I expected.
A quick summary of the trip...
1) Walked an average of 18km/day
2) Saw hundreds of kids on the strip on Christmas Day
3) Bought beer in a drug store
4) Bought beer and wine in a gas station
5) Opened bottles of wine using tweezers because I didn't have a corkscrew
6) Was given a seniors discount on coffee at McDonalds
7) Had to take an elevator down 12 floors and walk 1376 steps to get my first coffee in the morning
8) Between my wonderful wife and I we lost $30.00 US at the casinos and $16 of that my wonderful wife won
9) Learned that I get bored paying slot machines... very bored
10) Saw Criss Angel perform his newest show... fascinating
11) Was amazed at the decor in some of the casinos
12) Saw the full Bellagio water show twice
13) Saw hundreds of people walking their phones on selfie sticks
14) Almost trampled dozens of people who would stop suddenly to take selfies while walking up or down stairs, at the bottom or top of escalators and in crowds.
Now that that's out of the way, let's talk New Years Resolutions...
I don't believe in making long detailed resolutions and making more than a couple of resolutions. I find it interesting that the gurus of the world have started saying the same thing. I also don't believe in resolving to do something that is too big a stretch.
In my experience long detailed lists and big stretch resolutions stressed me out and I usually ended up blowing them and then giving up out of frustration. I have found that if I set attainable goals or resolutions I achieve them because they are easier to focus on and I can see the progress to the goal. By achieving the first goal I end up motivated to do more and then achieve more.
This year I have two business resolutions.
1) Write more
2) Continue to help people see the value and beauty of Send Out Cards
This means I am committed to blogging at least once a week. I am also working on another book, my publication goal is December 15th, 2016.
Send Out Cards
The plan here is to show the value of the system and the business to 3 people every week. I am interested in customers as well as teaching people how to make money with Send Out Cards. (You can help me by taking about 15 minutes to learn about Send Out Cards and by referring people to me if it's not for you. Use the contact form on this page to get in touch.)
How will these resolutions help my future? Both will help me earn more money and time freedom.
What resolutions have you made?
"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other." Abraham Lincoln
"Even if you don't set goals or make resolutions you are setting goals and making resolutions by resolving to do nothing." Dan Beresford
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Albert Einstein
(This posting was written and posted using a tablet instead of a computer. The tablet has more limitations than a computer with respect to being able to view the posting while writing it. I hope it turns out properly.)
All the best,