Infusionsoft, it has everything a small business needs. On-line CRM, email marketing, great tutorials, e-commerce settings and more. It's easy to learn and very flexible.
I was all set to sign up last night and start using them today. I've decided not to use their services and no longer feel comfortable recommending them to other small businesses.
Here's what happened:
- I tried to sign up online and couldn't
- I chatted online with a support person last night
- I learned you can't sign up online (I thought that was strange for a company that supports on line businesses and supports e-commerce)
- I got an email from a sales person with their contact information
- I Skyped him
- The sales person doesn't work nights
- I left a message
- I got a call from the salesperson today (Chad was helpful but got stuck with having to tell me the policy is the policy)
- Chad told me about a HIDDEN cost for Infusionsoft - a $2000 new user set up fee (So, they want $2000 just to get started and then $299.00 a month for the level of service I want)
Chad was great, he told me that the fee was to help new users get started and even helped get the price reduced for me
After that, it got worse!
You pay the fee whether you use their service or not.
The reason for the fee... so that people don't sign up with Infusionsoft and then leave after paying hundreds of dollars a month for a service they aren't using. By charging the fee Infusionsoft believes they are getting better clients.
The next comment was since Infusionsoft put the fee on sales are up over the last two years and cancellations are down.
Whoa, stop there, think about it. Let's look at the real reasons more people are using a company like Infusionsoft:
- High unemployment rates mean more people are starting businesses than ever before
- A number of companies are reducing staff and replacing them with on line systems like Infusionsoft offers to save money
- New companies are looking for ways to control and manage their business without having to hire more staff
What does it really mean?
Infusionsoft has lost the vision that once made them great.
Infusionsoft is losing business every day because people go somewhere else once they learn about the ridiculous rip off fee.
Infusionsoft is wasting time, money and energy because they market to everybody instead of established businesses only.
Infusionsoft has decided that rather than tell people about the fee up front they have to dig for it. That sounds like deceptive marketing to me and Infusionsoft should be ashamed of themselves.
If you know of a company that offers a similar platform to Infusionsoft let me know. I’ll look into them and get back to you.