- I don't have time to do enough research to find the best features about the product or service.
- I don't have time to write the copy and let it sit so I can read it later and get a new look at what I've written.
- I don't have time to review the current website content.
- I don't have time to prepare any questions I may have about the product or service I'm writing about and that means I don't have time time to get the answers to those questions.
- I want to be able to deliver my best writing and not just fill a page with words.
I know I will lose some business over this decision but I also know that those clients I do work with will get better writing and stronger more compelling copy.
I like what Edmund Morrison had to say about writing;
"Like stones, words are laborious and unforgiving, and the fitting of them together, like the fitting of stones, demands great patience and strength of purpose and particular skill."